Saturday, December 27, 2008

True Story

'Twas the night before Christmas,
The dread of each elf.
It was that afternoon
That I rickrolled myself.

The streets were all covered
With blankets of white.
I was trav'ling to be
With my family that night.

As I crossed o'er the bridge,
Swiftly stepping along,
Had my earbuds plugged in
And my phone playing songs.

I was making my way
From one bus to the next,
But at once the song stopped -
And I stood there perplexed.

I searched for an answer,
My eyes open wide.
Had my buds come unplugged?
Or the battery died?

It lasted a second,
Then music returned,
But I knew right away
I'd been horribly burned.

For the chords wafting up
From my phone to my head
Were no more Harvey Danger
But Rick Astley instead!

As I wondered how anyone
Could do this to me,
I suddenly had
An epiphany.

For only last night
I'd been working alone,
Adding a brand new
Ringtone to my phone.

So it turned out that
Astleyan iconoclast
Was nobody else than
Myself from the past.

I laughed and I danced
Through the fluffy white rain,
And the passers-by probably
Thought me insane.

No comments: